Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sick day, take 3.

So, I went in to work this morning...made it to lunch and bailed. I asked the kids to please keep it quiet since my throat is still sore and I couldn't yell at them. Heh. By the end of my third morning class (middle school kids, nonetheless) I was DONE. Came home, napped, woke up and continued working on these mittens. 


They're great fun to knit. I'm test knitting these for my friend Donna Druchunas of Sheep to Shawl who is working on a book of Lithuanian knitting patterns. I can't wait for the book to come out, and I love getting a sneak peek at the goods in that book. Donna recently had an interesting article and accompanying slipper sock pattern come out in the new issue of Knitty. I'm super excited for all of Donna's new endeavors, and happy that I get the privilege of helping her out and testing some of her patterns for her. Inspiring!

But it's back to work tomorrow, FOR REAL. ALL DAY. I feel like such a slacker because I'm taking off three days next week or the  much anticipate TRIP TO MONTANA with boyfriend. Very looking forward! Not, however, looking forward to sad, strep throat paycheck. So yeah. Mittens, vacation, sick days. It can't be this good all the time, I suppose. 

Go read some poetry
Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment