Tuesday, July 12, 2011

1, 2, 3, Go!

So, first entry. I won’t say “Hi!” or “Welcome!” because I doubt anyone is actually reading this yet. This is my knitting blog where I will be publishing the patterns that I’ve designed as well as share my current projects, musings, and whatnot (knitting related or otherwise) with everyone who’s interested.

A little about me. My name is Jillian, I live in Southern California, and I’m a Master’s student in English Literature. I’m obsessed with Shakespeare, ice cream, Shakespeare, knitting, Shakespeare, poetry, and Shakespeare. I quote Shakespeare when I’m drunk. Then I quote Shakespeare when I’m sober. Lady Macbeth is my favorite Shakespearean character, and my first pattern that I’ll be publishing is inspired by the sleepwalking lady herself. I have a great group of friends and a great boyfriend. Most of the time I’m like, “yay, life!” but right now I’m recovering from strep throat, so I’m more like, “boo, life…” today.


Other things on my mind today:

Boo, life. Strep throat blows. Hard. I also passed it on to my poor boyfriend.

My best friend is getting married in eleven months. I’ve been thinking about knitting something for her, but I wouldn’t want her to feel obligated to wear it if she doesn’t like it, and I don’t want to commit myself if I can’t end up finishing it in time. I don’t know how my school load is going to be this next semester. I’ve been thinking about Shipwreck from a 2009 issue of Knitty. This is a project that you dye after knitting, so if I were to make it wedding-themed, I would either leave it undyed, though I worry how it would contrast/match/coordinate with the wedding gown, or maybe dye it a pale, pale lilac, a much lighter shade of the bridesmaid gowns. I think it would be pretty in a pale lilac color. Also, she’s a really petite girl, and I worry this shawl would be too big for her, that she’d just be swimming in it. Quandaries.


Currently on the needles:

Baby items for my friend's little boy, to be born in October.

Kuusk, from the most recent issue of Knitty. Not using handspun, though. Malabrigo Lace, and who can complain about that?

A pair of Lithuanian mittens I’m test knitting for my friend Donna Druchunas, of Sheep to Shawl. They’re fun and interesting and I’m so excited for her book of traditional Lithuanian patterns. 


That's all I got for now. Back to my sick day, which consists of knitting and Battlestar Galactica. Thanks for giving me a read. I'll have more photos and interesting stuff up when I'm feeling better. 

Go read some poetry.
Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment